|Job Title||Project Consultant / Business and Human Rights Specialist (India)|
|Pathway||Technical / Project delivery|
|Reports to||Regional Director- South Asia|
Introduction to Impactt
Impactt is a leading consultancy specialising in ethical trade, human rights and labour standards. We work with major brands, retailers, governments, academics and NGOs to maximise the positive impacts of global trade on workers and local communities. With offices in the UK, Bangladesh, China, India, and a wide network of consultants across Europe, Asia and Africa, we are internationally recognised for our change focused, practical and innovative approach. Impactt works with a wide range of stakeholders, from large retailers and government bodies to factory workers and local communities. Often the experiences and languages of these different stakeholders are so far apart that they do not ‘see’ or interact with each other. Impactt helps to bridge the gap and deliver real change on the ground.
Impactt is looking for an experienced project consultant to join our India office to lead and manage Impactt’s flagship programme in Mumbai. As a project consultant you will also be expected to work on other business and human rights related work in priority supply chains while maintaining the Impactt values based on excellent delivery and creating sustained change.
Working in close collaboration with the India and UK based teams, you will have the following responsibilities:
- To lead the India delivery of a flagship client programme with a focus on creating sustained and positive change for workers
- Act as a trusted advisor for clients and key stakeholders building strong trusted partnerships to facilitate the delivery of the programme.
- Communicate effectively to all stakeholders on progress both formally at Executive Meetings and informally and directly with stakeholders
- To plan, organise and ensure effective delivery of programme activities
- To undertake activities in support of the programme such as audits, training and reporting
- To assess and review effectiveness of on-going activities leading to on-going improvement of delivery
Impactt wider work
- To promote and build the profile of Impactt India through effective representation and networking with a range of stakeholders
- To deliver projects and undertake assignments on Human Rights issues to provide clients with insight and options to remediate effectively
- To generate high quality reports from assignments that enable clients to make informed decisions
- Undertake any other duties reasonably required that are consistent with the grade and purpose of the post
As Project Consultant / Business and Human Rights Specialist, you will be required to have experience of ethical trade. Specifically, we would expect you will have knowledge of the following:
- Ethical trade agenda
- Modern slavery
- Social auditing
- Indian labour law
- Principles of project management
Core Competencies required
- Strong technical skills across livelihoods, human rights, gender, supply chains and related issues
- Experience of working within value chains with and ability to deliver change
- Good understanding on issues pertaining to small producers.
- Demonstrated experience in building capacities and strengthening organisations
- Excellent client management skills, Experience of working with companies and/or private sector partnerships
- Good IT (including familiarity with Microsoft Office) , analytical and numeracy skills
- Experience of social auditing
- Excellent time management and able to time manage team effectively, ensuring on time and on-budget delivery
- Willingness to travel
- Ability and comfort in working towards financial targets.
- Good knowledge of the ethical trade/compliance industry.
- Strong presentation & facilitation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good ability to communicate in Indian and English languages
- Excellent Report writing skills
This is what we look for in a new colleague:
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of initiative and great capacity at working on his/her own
- Proactive and solution orientated
- Passionate about the work we do
- Excellent team player
- Reliable, strong integrity and ethical behaviour
- The ability to inspire others
Application and Closing Date
To apply for this role, please submit a cover letter and your CV by Friday 26 March 2021.