With an estimated 29.8m slaves worldwide, and companies coming under increasing pressure from stakeholders and policy-makers to address modern slavery and child labour issues, taking action to protect vulnerable workers has never been more pressing.
We can provide advice on all aspects of identifying and remediating different forms of modern slavery (from forced labour to human trafficking).
- We help you analyse any data gathered through worker voice technologies to determine the severity of issues being suffered by workers.
- Our international teams can also undertake on-the-ground research to determine how slavery legislation is applied and how it is experienced by workers.
- At a brand level, we help to raise awareness and build a sense of shared responsibility with suppliers. Within factories, we focus on shifting mindsets and changing any accepted yet unethical ‘norms’.
- We deliver training to both recruitment agents and HR and welfare teams on ethical hiring practices and preventing modern slavery.
- We specialise in remediating child and slave labour – getting working children back to school and seeking reimbursement of recruitment fees, better quality jobs or repatriation for trafficked people.
- We build dialogue between workers and managers and strengthen workers’ ability to engage in social dialogue, workers’ committees and collective bargaining.
- We record factory improvements and shares best practice with other suppliers, helping them to build the business case for factories to invest in relevant training, policies and procedures.
 Source: Global Slavery Index
Related Case Study