Office Executive, Bangladesh
|Job Title||Office Executive|
|Type||Full time contract|
|Reports to||Regional Director, South Asia / Head of Consultancy Services, Bangladesh|
|Responsible for||Support finance, Administrative and Logistic management|
Introduction to Impactt
Impactt is a leading consultancy specialising in ethical trade, human rights and labour standards. We work with major brands, retailers, governments, academics and NGOs to maximise the positive impacts of global trade on workers and local communities. With offices in the UK, Bangladesh, China, India, and a wide network of consultants across Europe, Asia and Africa, we are internationally recognised for our change focused, practical and innovative approach. Impactt works with a wide range of stakeholders, from large retailers and government bodies to factory workers and local communities. Often the experiences and languages of these different stakeholders are so far apart that they do not ‘see’ or interact with each other. Impactt helps to bridge the gap and deliver real change on the ground.
The Office Executive has the following responsibilities, working with the rest of the Bangladesh team and all Impactt offices.
- Working with the Regional Director, SA, Bangladesh team and UK office to ensure the office and equipment is fit for the purpose and maintain accountability
- Assisting the Regional Director, SA to process, track and account for all expenses and understanding of basic bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivable
- Assisting the Regional Director, SA to prepare yearly/monthly budget, maintain office petty cash and to control expenditure to minimize expenses/costs
- Maintain close liaison with landlord and other suppliers (water, electricity, security, office recycling etc).
- Ensure renewal of trade license and other government documents timely
- Ensure close coordination with designated Chartered Account firm related to VAT/TDS submission and update on any changes with financial order.
- Liaising with the IT supplier to include off-site back up, server maintenance and rectifying immediate faults including maintaining of IT register.
- Maintaining of all office equipment including updating property inventory, cleanliness, and arranging any repair/ replacement when needed.
- Assisting team with logistic arrangement including transport, hotel booking and visa with close coordination with UK.
- Raise invoice for project and receive payment from client when needed.
- Office filling – development and maintenance.
- Organizing Retreats and Company/project events as per direction of Regional Director, SA.
- Ensuring ‘right first time’ delivery for all finance and admin work
- Self-managing time and priorities and those of the whole team to ensure on-time delivery
- Proficient in basic Office packages i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
The Office Executive should have and display the following personal attributes:
- Self-management and good team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills and people management
- Highly organized and resourceful
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Graduation with honours on any discipline from a reputed university (commerce and management background are preferable)
- Proven work experience as a Finance Assistant or similar role is desirable
Base salary: TK 25,000 – 30,000 per month
Salary dependant on experience
Application and Closing date
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. All interested candidates are requested to send an updated CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 September 2020.